[chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

Dean Gibson AE7Q
Mon Feb 25 11:18:47 PST 2013

On 2013-02-25 11:01, GaryErrol wrote:
> If what you say is true about UHF, why are radios being advertised as usable from 400-520 MHz?
>
> Gary N9PTC

Just because a radio will receive something under some conditions, does
not mean that it is "usable".

I can listen to WWV in FM mode and hear the broadcast perfectly fine.

I can listen to the various NOAA FM weather stations in AM mode and hear
the broadcast perfectly fine.

In Los Angeles I could listen to the (very near) local AM broadcast
station on *any* frequency on some radios (including FM broadcast-only
receivers).