[chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

Brad NK8J
Mon Feb 25 10:22:29 PST 2013

The baofeng is only usable from 136 to 174 Mhz and 400 to 470  some models to 512 Mhz

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:17 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

> Hello, I have a Baofeng uv5r. I use chirp to add channels freqüência,
> and to unlock it. But the channel painel doesn't allowed me to input
> freqüentes that are out of. The original range, such as 980mhz!
> Despite chirp unlock till 1khz for me

Is the UV5R even useful that high? IIRC, we chose the limit upper boundary to be the highest useful frequency it can be used for. If it is really capable of locking that high on receive, then we should probably make it honor the limits set by the user instead of the arbitrary ones we chose.

Jim, do you have any input or an opinion here?