[chirp_users] Input out of range freq channels

Dan Smith
Mon Feb 25 09:17:08 PST 2013

> Hello, I have a Baofeng uv5r. I use chirp to add channels freqüência,
> and to unlock it. But the channel painel doesn't allowed me to input
> freqüentes that are out of. The original range, such as 980mhz!
> Despite chirp unlock till 1khz for me

Is the UV5R even useful that high? IIRC, we chose the limit upper
boundary to be the highest useful frequency it can be used for. If it
is really capable of locking that high on receive, then we should
probably make it honor the limits set by the user instead of the
arbitrary ones we chose.

Jim, do you have any input or an opinion here?