[chirp_users] ICOM IC-2100H

Scott Lynch
Sun Feb 24 14:44:10 PST 2013

Thank you for reply below.  One last question.  I see how the ToneSql can be
enabled or disabled in the Tone mode selection now.  This allows either
Tone, None, or ToneSql to be selected.  If the Tone Mode column enables or
disables the info in the Tone and ToneSql columns, I can see how you could
enable one or the other using the drop down menu selections (Tone, None,
ToneSql).  If needed, how would you enable both Tone and ToneSql for a given
frequency?

> How do I make the tone squelch inactive for the receive so I can add
> some frequencies to the current list and then write back to the
> radio?

Your radio stores the ToneSql (CTCSS Tone) value all the time, whether
it's being used or not. What controls if it is used is the Tone Mode,
which must be set to TSQL in order to use the value.

> Can I just "hide" the ToneSql column and then when I do the
> write the ToneSql will not be written to the radio?

The ToneSql value is stored all the time. It cannot be "not written to
the radio". However, if you want CHIRP to hide the values that are not
used based on the tone mode, check the View->Hide Unused Values option.

Scott Lynch
jscottlynch at hotmail.com