[chirp_users] 0.3.0 COM port order

Phaeton
Tue Feb 12 13:56:51 PST 2013

I find that there are many com ports that say they are in use but are
invalid. I used a cable tester application from here:
http://www.kc8unj.com/interface.html

scroll to the bottom and look for the download link:
interface cable loopback tester. While it will test
several cables the reason in your case if you have
many com ports that say they are in use, the tester
software will report invalid ports. Those are ports still
written in the registry previously used. But they can be
used again I've done it several times. When you change
the driver com port and it says In Use, just ignore and ok
the change.

Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core