[chirp_users] Problem with a Mac

Phaeton
Wed Feb 6 17:22:24 PST 2013

Yeah sure it is a help to everyone. What I was trying to
figure out for my further education is how these ports
when opened by the device plugged in and installed
were named in /dev/. Tom pretty much had the answer.
I'm a very avid linux user and was comparing the port
device name be it USB, SATA, Firewire, PCIe etc..
So it seemed a bit odd to to have the enumerated
USB to serial device to convey an actual name from
the driver developer rather than a standard name
that linux uses. Occasionally I have to remind myself
that OSX  10.8.2 is now unix and not linux and while
very similar, still possess differences as in this port
name convention.

Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core