[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Jim Unroe
Sun Feb 3 13:35:18 PST 2013

Leo,
Without going into a lot of detail, there are apparently two flavors of
UV-5R radios with BFB297 firmware floating around. The difference in one
caused a problem with uploading. So in the beginning CHIRP wouldn't work
with both radios.

The important thing was that someone took the time to file a bug report
(Bug #463). Eventually, after a few exchanges, additional information and
files were supplied that made it possible to track down the cause of the
problem.

A workaround for the issue was developed, and after some testing, an update
was released.

Thanks for reporting that the update worked for you.
Jim