[chirp_users] Programming PL into UV-5R

scott richardson
Fri Dec 6 11:04:20 PST 2013

Ok I'll give it a try. Thanks a bunch Jim.

On Fri, 12/6/13, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming PL into UV-5R
 To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Date: Friday, December 6, 2013, 1:50 PM

 On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:20
 PM, scott richardson <elmrich120966 at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 Your
 solution worked like a charm. I have one more question. Is
 programming a PL  the same as programming a DPL?

 Not exactly the
 same, but similar. PL uses the Tone and ToneSql columns to
 set the transmit and receive CTCSS tone selections. DPL uses
 the DTCS Code and DTCS Rx Code columns to set the transmit
 and receive DCS code selections. They both use the Tone Mode
 column (and sometimes Cross Mode column) do determine which
 of the columns are actually used (just because a column has
 a default value in it does not mean that value is being
 used). That is why it is a good idea for new CHIRP users to
 enable "Hide Unused Fields" as I mentioned
 earlier.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----