[chirp_users] Programming PL into UV-5R

Jim Unroe
Fri Dec 6 08:06:13 PST 2013

No problem. The first thing that you should do it to click "View" in the
menu bar and enable "Hide Unused Fields" if it isn't already.

RX only:

Tone Mode: Cross
DTCS Rx Code: 465
DTCS Pol: NN
Cross Mode: ->DTCS

RX and TX (you don't need the TX code to listen but it doesn't hurt to have
it set):

Tone Mode: DTCS
DTCS Code: 465
DTCS Pol: NN

You might be interested in looking at the "CHIRP Guide" on the Miklor.com
website and the "Understand CHIRP's columns" guide available from the CHIRP
wiki pages.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns

Jim KC9HI