[chirp_users] Programming PL into UV-5R

scott richardson
Fri Dec 6 07:46:45 PST 2013

Thanks for the help Jim. I've already done as you instructed but I was wanting to find a way to program the PL because another town's PD is coming through too. I was wondering if there is a way to block unwanted signals.

On Fri, 12/6/13, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming PL into UV-5R
 To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Date: Friday, December 6, 2013, 7:54 AM

 On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 6:23
 AM, scott richardson <elmrich120966 at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 Hey
 guys. I need a little help getting a PL into a frequency.
 Here is the frequency I want to do this on.

 Frequency- 154.78500

 Type-RM

 Tone-465 DPL

 All my information came from Radiorefence.com . I'm not
 interested in transmitting just receiving. Any help would be
 appreciated.

 Hi Scott,

 Here is the minimum that you have to do

 Frequency:
 154.785
 Duplex: off

 That's it.
 You never have to set PL (CTCSS) or DPL (DTCS) just to
 listen.

 Optional things
 would be

 Mode: NFM {UV-5R
 doesn't change any receiver settings for narrow/wide}
 Skip:
 "S" to skip the channel when scanning

 Jim KC9HI

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----