[chirp_users] Chirp in Ubuntu 12.04

Milton Hywatt
Tue Aug 13 15:14:36 PDT 2013

Need to add the repository where Chirp can be network downloaded.

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily
 This is from the download page: http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download
Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro i7 quad core OS X Mountain Lion

________________________________
 From: Mike Morrow <mike at PrimeCareerCollege.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:39 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Chirp in Ubuntu 12.04

I have two books coming and hope to be more intelligent on Linux soon but could someone post the complete and accurate SUDO commands to install Chirp on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?  I see two of the commands in a web page but they then go on to say to “go ahead and install it”.  That leaves me out at the moment.  I don’t know what I should type next in terminal.

Any assistance appreciated.  I hate being so dumb and I could wait but I have some time in the next few days and would like to see what trouble I can get into with this.

I did manage to get it to dual boot with Windows XP on one machine so I am learning.  It picked a resolution that my monitor refuses to show and I had to install grub2 and configure to be able to see the O/S selection menu upon booting.  Maybe this is too much fun…

I am running Chirp quite well on Win XP and Win 7 but am trying to enlarge my circle of knowledge and this will be one thing to try in that effort.  This all started at this URL: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams-updates/+archive/ppa

If this is all well documented somewhere already, a URI will do.

Thanks, Mike/W6XXX