[chirp_users] Chirp in Ubuntu 12.04

Mike Morrow
Mon Aug 12 21:39:06 PDT 2013

I have two books coming and hope to be more intelligent on Linux soon but
could someone post the complete and accurate SUDO commands to install Chirp
on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?  I see two of the commands in a web page but they then
go on to say to "go ahead and install it".  That leaves me out at the
moment.  I don't know what I should type next in terminal.

Any assistance appreciated.  I hate being so dumb and I could wait but I
have some time in the next few days and would like to see what trouble I can
get into with this.

I did manage to get it to dual boot with Windows XP on one machine so I am
learning.  It picked a resolution that my monitor refuses to show and I had
to install grub2 and configure to be able to see the O/S selection menu upon
booting.  Maybe this is too much fun.

I am running Chirp quite well on Win XP and Win 7 but am trying to enlarge
my circle of knowledge and this will be one thing to try in that effort.
This all started at this URL:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams-updates/+archive/ppa

If this is all well documented somewhere already, a URI will do.

Thanks, Mike/W6XXX