[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900E upload error message

John Pagett
Wed Aug 7 10:01:40 PDT 2013

Gents,

I'm using Chirp 0.3.1 with a USB interface (looks like a Prolific rip-off)
and the European version of the FT-7900. Chirp is set to FT-7800.

I can download from the radio without any problems, and the memories I
programmed manually on the transceiver look good in Chirp.

Uploading to the radio starts ok and proceeds apparently correctly until the
very end, when I get an error message in Chirp "Radio did not ack block at
31624".

The memories look good on the radio and will download back into Chirp
without problems. Here's the relevant section of the debug log.

Clone thread started

-- Exception: --

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "chirpui\clone.pyo", line 223, in run

  File "chirp\ft7800.pyo", line 225, in sync_out

  File "chirp\ft7800.pyo", line 146, in _upload

RadioError: Radio did not ack block at 31624

------

Clone failed: Radio did not ack block at 31624

Clone thread ended

--- Exception Dialog: Radio did not ack block at 31624 ---

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "chirpw", line 71, in <module>

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

At this stage I'm not sure if this is down to Chirp tripping up at the end
of a successful download or whether there's something more subtle going on,
but as I say the memories read back ok and look fine on the radio.

If it's a real problem I'll open a bug report. Any thoughts gents?

73

John G4YTJ