[chirp_users] UV5R roger beep/durability

Tom Morris
Mon Aug 5 14:48:41 PDT 2013

My recommendations:

32. AL-MOD: SITE (just trust me on this. Do it. It'll ensure the alarm tone
only makes a silly tone, no tx.)
35. STE: on if your simplex channel uses ctcss. Off otherwise (will have no
effect!)
36. RP-STE: same for repeaters. In either case this is reverse burst which
will basically signal the receiver that you're done transmitting. There
will be about a 200mSec burst at the end of when you transmit with no
audible content (just pl or dpl reverse burst to close the receiver- if the
Rx knows what to do with it the listener will hear no squelch tail)
39. ROGER: off!
37. RPT-RL: I have no idea what this is. It's off on mine.

Tom Morris, KG4CYX

Mad Scientist and Operations Manager, WDNA-FM 88.9, Miami

This message sent from a mobile device. Silly typos provided free of charge.