[chirp_users] UV5R+ and chirp trouble

John LaMartina
Tue Apr 30 12:23:31 PDT 2013

Clark,

This is a really elementary question, but did you download the initial image from your UV5R first to create a image template for CHIRP?

This tells CHIRP the settings of your radio before you enter any data into the spreadsheet.

John    K3NXU

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of clark at clarkturnertuning.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:24 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV5R+ and chirp trouble

Hello.  My Uv5R build 291 will not save offset frequency and + or -.   I have read the FAQ showing that if this happens, you have to delete the line and add it again. This does not work.

I have even started with a Fresh reset, new IMG file, Added one and only one line manual with chirp.  Programmed radio, memory line shows up in the radio but the - and + are lit up at the same time and there is no offset when I key up.

My friends UV5R with build 297 does the exact same thing.  One line manual or 128, They all read -+ at sametime.  He said he gave up on trying to fix it.

Any suggestions? I am sure this has to be something simple I am overlooking.

Thank you for any help you can provide.