[chirp_users] UV5R+ and chirp trouble

Ted Wrobel
Tue Apr 30 10:50:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

Not sure this applies but I think some of the Chinese radios do not honor
the + - convention. I believe you need to enter both the desired receive and
the transmit frequencies. The display of +- simply shows that it is offset,
not the direction.

Hope this helps.

73
Ted
W1GRI

  _____

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of
clark at clarkturnertuning.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:24 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] UV5R+ and chirp trouble

Hello.  My Uv5R build 291 will not save offset frequency and + or -.   I
have read the FAQ showing that if this happens, you have to delete the line
and add it again. This does not work.

I have even started with a Fresh reset, new IMG file, Added one and only one
line manual with chirp.  Programmed radio, memory line shows up in the radio
but the - and + are lit up at the same time and there is no offset when I
key up.

My friends UV5R with build 297 does the exact same thing.  One line manual
or 128, They all read -+ at sametime.  He said he gave up on trying to fix
it.

Any suggestions? I am sure this has to be something simple I am overlooking.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

  _____

No virus found in this message.