[chirp_users] chirp on a power pc

Dan Smith
Mon Apr 8 10:23:55 PDT 2013

> Dan, I'm impressed! Job well done!
>
> Downloaded it from the ppa, added myself to the tty group, logedout
> and back in. volia, it works. I'm using Kubuntu 12.04.

Awesome, glad to hear it. Every once in a while, someone comes around
asking about support for PPC macs on OSX. I was about to fire off my
typical "heck no, get a new computer!" response. Glad I read that
you're using a recent OS first. CHIRP is platform and
processor-independent, but many of the things it depends on are not.
Building those for the last version of OSX to support PPC is not
feasible, but it's already done on a recent linux distro.

Enjoy :)