[chirp_users] FTDI based USB cables.

Robert Terzi
Fri Sep 28 16:13:48 PDT 2012

Ahh that's very interesting.   If I'm following what you did on some version
of windows, what you did was to replace the driver that was associated with
the RT VID/PID with the current FTDI driver, which let you then tell it to
provide a Virtual COM Port (VCP) in addition to the FTDI Direct I/O interface.

(In other words you associated the FTDI drivers with the RT VID/PID without
having to edit the .inf file.)