[chirp_users] power settings

Harrison Cooper
Tue Sep 25 11:55:22 PDT 2012

Ah..well I have the UV5R, I don't see a place to set for the specific radio type...am I missing a setup step?

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Tom Hayward
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:04 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] power settings

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Harrison Cooper <HCooper at fusionio.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded and installed CHIRP daily-20120919 and the
> descriptions for the columns doesn’t appear to be up to date  in the
> CHIRP guide.  For example, there are more columns that are not shown
> in the guide, ie  URCALL (assume my callsign) and RPT1CALL and
> RPT2CALL (what are these?) and digital code.

These columns are specific to Dstar and will show for any Dstar radio, or any of the generic formats like CSV.

> What appears to be missing is the power level setting, that is shown
> in the guide yet is missing in the program.

Power level only shows for radios which Chirp knows how to set the power level. What radio didn't show the power column?

> Is there a better place to be looking for this information?

You're in the right place! This mailing list is the best place to ask questions.

Tom KD7LXL