[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sat Sep 22 17:18:37 PDT 2012

Right about now, I'd either use another computer in the household or as I
mentioned before, use a Ubuntu Live CD which was written for Mac then
install CHIRP to it and try that Operating System.

It's not CHIRP, it 'might be the driver' but that's looking "not so much",
on Linux I would guess it would be permissions and user groups, but I
suspect you have a bad cable.  Low budget shops usually don't have the
automated testing facilities they need to make sure stuff works and still
sell it at a low price.  They probably spot test a batch, not each one.

I'd go to a friend's house with radio, cable and load CHIRP onto their
computer.  Certainly a family member has a computer or a friend?

I bet a buck on "bad cable".

73

DR