[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

Jay Moran, WC3K
Sat Sep 22 12:12:55 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Jay Moran, WC3K <jay+CHIRP at tp.org> wrote:

http://xbsd.nl/2011/07/pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lion.html

> I will do my best to test it on 10.8.2 sometime today or tomorrow as I
> need to fix my wife's VX-7R with correct power levels since they are
> totally messed up from a bug.

Okay, tested with both my wife's Yaesu VX-7R with a counterfit prolific USB
cable from KaWaMall, and my own Wouxun KG-UV3d with a counterfit Prolific
Chip USB cable from some other reseller on eBay. Both work great with the
driver above with MacOSX 10.8.2 on my June 2012 MacBook Air 11".

I downloaded it again and followed the installation steps. I used "sudo" at
the start of every line/step they outline on that webpage, even though it
didn't say to, better safe than sorry. The port shows up for me as:
/dev/cu.PL2303-00002014.

Good luck, hope that works for you.

Jay