[chirp_users] Help needed, can't write to Yaesu FT-60

Jay Moran, WC3K
Sat Sep 22 05:25:02 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:25 AM, <chirp.cordless at xoxy.net> wrote:

> So I unloaded the Prolific driver I was using that was from some open
> source
> project, and loaded the one downloaded from the Prolific website you
> pointed me
> at, which at least claims to know about OS X 10.7, and I expect it likely
> is a
> better choice all around.

Dan,

Actually the behavior you are describing seems to be pretty common. I've
fought with the same thing for a while myself. The thread he was pointing
to was one just from a week or two ago. In the end, this driver works
(actually, worked, haven't tried since upgrading to 10.8.x yet) for me on
10.7 at least.

http://xbsd.nl/2011/07/pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lion.html

I will do my best to test it on 10.8.2 sometime today or tomorrow as I need
to fix my wife's VX-7R with correct power levels since they are totally
messed up from a bug. The source code is available so if it doesn't work,
I'll look at recompiling with 10.8 and the latest XCode and see if that
works... if that doesn't work... I'll see if I can figure out how to port
it.

Hopefully it just works. If you download it and it works for you on 10.8,
that'd be great.

BTW, the problem is that the official Prolific driver on MacOSX has some
counterfit chip detection built in... or at least the counterfit chips
aren't as tight with timing or something and the official driver stresses
them and thus the failures. No matter what, the official driver unless you
have an official chip on MacOSX is an iffy proposition.

Jay, WC3K