[chirp_users] Noob question re: Mac setup

chirp.cordless at xoxy.net
Wed Oct 10 20:32:25 PDT 2012

You probably need to install the driver. See http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips

Use System Information -> USB to find your cable in the USB device tree.
If it's a Prolific device, you can try the open source driver mentioned on that page,
although the one at http://xbsd.nl/2011/07/pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lion.html
seems to get better press.

If it's an RT systems cable (probably FTDI inside), get their driver, see above reference.

If it's a generic FTDI cable, get the driver from the FTDI website at
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

I was just going to point you at the above Chirp page, but that looks
to be in need of some serious update.

-dan