[chirp_users] RadioReference downloads

Guy Teague
Wed Oct 10 04:38:05 PDT 2012

no pardon necessary james--it's not like jumping into the middle of a hf dx
net after all!

the flip answer is that google is your friend. the not-so-flip answer saves
you one step:

<http:radioreference.com>

the longer and more descriptive answer is that it an eclectic collection of
radio frequencies from digital trunking to shortwave sorted in more ways
than you can imagine. hit the |database| tab on their home page if you want
to jump right in and see for yourself. select your area of interest and
your location using the handy tools such as dropdown boxes and graphical
maps you can click on and if you're anything like me you'll be lost in
wonder for 4 hours while you explore this great resource.

many radio software applications can grab data from this site and plug it
right into their application, but this requires a subscription (very
reasonable price). but with some work you can sidestep even this small
requirement and use the 'export to cvs' feature or even just cut and paste
for some software programs which will reformat it to their requirements on
the fly.

enough talk. go google! [g]

/guy (73 de kg5vt | wqpz784)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:31 AM, James E. Wells (KDØAJZ) <kd0ajz at comcast.net