[chirp_users] tone settings

Toby Wintermute
Mon May 14 01:22:23 PDT 2012

Ah, thank you for the explanation.

The important point I hadn't realised is that if you don't select
"Cross" in the first tone column, then it's safe to ignore the value
of the "Cross tone" field. :)

Cheers,
Toby

On 11 May 2012 22:13, IZ3GME Marco <iz3gme.marco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> well ... cross tone is a little complicated and strongly depends on the
> radio as every model support it in a different fashion.
> BTW I'm working on a patch for FT857 driver cross tone support as I
> mixed up things when I wrote it.
>
> A source of information on how tones and cross tones works in chirp is
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/DevelopersToneModes keep
> in mind it has been written with developers as target audience but I
> think it can help.
>
> In a few words cross tone are all tone combination that mix together
> ctcs and dtcs or use different tone codes for tx and rx.
>
> 73 de IZ3GME Marco
>
> On 11/05/2012 09:05, Toby Wintermute wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I couldn't find documentation explaining how the "Cross tone" option works.
>> I'm guessing it's to set TX CT and RX DCS, or TX CT and RX none, or
>> other combinations, but I wasn't sure which way around it all goes.
>>
>> Could you point me to the info?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Toby

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world