[chirp_users] tone settings

IZ3GME Marco
Fri May 11 05:13:04 PDT 2012

Hi
well ... cross tone is a little complicated and strongly depends on the
radio as every model support it in a different fashion.
BTW I'm working on a patch for FT857 driver cross tone support as I
mixed up things when I wrote it.

A source of information on how tones and cross tones works in chirp is
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/DevelopersToneModes keep
in mind it has been written with developers as target audience but I
think it can help.

In a few words cross tone are all tone combination that mix together
ctcs and dtcs or use different tone codes for tx and rx.

73 de IZ3GME Marco