[chirp_users] VX-7r: odd memory group behavior

Tom Hayward
Tue May 8 21:59:02 PDT 2012

On May 8, 2012 6:23 PM, "Dan Smith" <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > I'm not sure if this is an oddity of the Yaesu VX-7r or of Chirp.
> > Suppose I program my radio with Chirp to have a block of frequencies in
> > MG1 and another block in MG2.  When this is written to the radio, then I
> > should be able to press MONF+9 to get to the Special Memory menu, turn
the
> > knob to "MR Group" and press PTT and select the block I want to monitor.
> > Instead I get a double beep telling me I can't do that.  However, if I
> > assign some memory slot to a memory group from the radio's keypad, THEN
> > am able to select "MR Group" and monitor the group I want.  Since this
> > happens only after cloning from Chirp, I'm inclined to believe this is a
> > bug in Chirp.  I am currently working around this by leaving memory
slot 1
> Tom, is this similar to what you've seen with the VX5?

Yes, this is the exact issue (and workaround) I have with my bank driver
for the VX5, which is why I haven't submitted it yet.

My guess is that there is a bit somewhere that says the memory group
feature is enabled, but I can't find the bit. As far as I can tell, only
the new bank entry is added to the image after doing this workaround.

Tom KD7LXL