[chirp_users] FT8800R problem when overwriting previously stored out of band frequencies

Dan Smith
Sun May 6 16:41:11 PDT 2012

> All of the entries in the 138 MHz range, that I overwrote with repeater
> frequencies, did not receive properly.  The display showed the correct
> info but the receive was garbled.  If I entered the same info manually,
> that memory location then received properly.  I was wondering if CHIRP
> fails to change some mode setting such as AM?

Hmm, does the radio indicate that it's in AM mode?

You might try deleting the memories and then re-editing them. Just
editing the memory will make chirp try to tiptoe around all of the
settings it doesn't know about. If you do a delete operation (so that it
shows 0.000MHz in grey) it should wipe the entire memory channel and
start fresh. That'd be my first step.