[chirp_users] FT8800R problem when overwriting previously stored out of band frequencies

Ray Smoot
Sat May 5 19:16:46 PDT 2012

I recently obtained a used Yaesu FT-8800R that had been used by a Ham that was involved in CERT and other public services.  He was also a police officer and had lots of local municipal frequencies stored.  I read the radio, then overwrote any out of band entries with local 2M or 440 MHz repeaters.  Any changed entries previously in those ham bands worked fine (except for the skip feature being ignored).

All of the entries in the 138 MHz range, that I overwrote with repeater frequencies, did not receive properly.  The display showed the correct info but the receive was garbled.  If I entered the same info manually, that memory location then received properly.  I was wondering if CHIRP fails to change some mode setting such as AM?

N4KJA