[chirp_users] FT2800

Dan Smith
Fri Mar 9 06:49:44 PST 2012

> Thanks for the replies.  Out of curiosity, I pulled out an old Inspiron
> 600m laptop and it works. at least for polling the rig.   I haven't
> tried an upload yet.  Perhaps this suggest a serial timing issue?  The
> other computer that didn't work is and Athlon quad on a Asus m/b.  I do
> regularly use the serial port on the Asus machine without any issue.
> Later this morning I will try uploading.  Thank

Yes, it definitely could be. Yaesu radios are really (really) bad about
timing-related issues. They can't read the stream anywhere near the baud
rate, they do no flow control, etc. It's a real struggle and the 2800
seems to be one of the worst.

If it is timing-related we can tweak that a bit. Although it may seem
counterproductive, I'd like to get the upcoming release snapped and
posted before we get into this, since it may be quite a bit of
back-and-forth before we get the timing resolved.

Thanks!