[chirp_users] Chirp Mint 13 w/cinnamon Yaesu FT-8800

Stephen Hawkins
Wed Jun 20 06:54:23 PDT 2012

Dan,

It is a 32 bit, dual core 3.20ghz P4 with 3.2GB of ddr2 memory so you
wouldn't think it would be too slow.  Anyway I am very happy that
everything appears to be working well.

Thank You again.

Steve NG0G

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 06:30 -0700, Dan Smith wrote:
> > I got it working early this morning and updated the ticket.  I am
> > puzzled as the only thing I can see that I did differently was to wait
> > for a few seconds after I clicked "OK" on chirp, before pressing the
> > "vm" button on the radio.
>
> Well, that's good. Waiting "a few seconds" seems longer than I remember
> waiting, but it certainly is a good plan. The thing is, CHIRP has to
> have opened the serial port and be ready for the radio to send a "let's
> go" message, which is must reply to quickly or the radio will give up.
> If your machine is slow or there is something else adding latency there,
> extra time for CHIRP to be ready to catch that message will be required.
>
> Thanks!

Stephen Hawkins NG0G
73 49 111 01001001