[chirp_users] Chirp Mint 13 w/cinnamon Yaesu FT-8800

Dan Smith
Wed Jun 20 06:30:53 PDT 2012

> I got it working early this morning and updated the ticket.  I am
> puzzled as the only thing I can see that I did differently was to wait
> for a few seconds after I clicked "OK" on chirp, before pressing the
> "vm" button on the radio.

Well, that's good. Waiting "a few seconds" seems longer than I remember
waiting, but it certainly is a good plan. The thing is, CHIRP has to
have opened the serial port and be ready for the radio to send a "let's
go" message, which is must reply to quickly or the radio will give up.
If your machine is slow or there is something else adding latency there,
extra time for CHIRP to be ready to catch that message will be required.

Thanks!