[chirp_users] Exporting D72 memories never finishes

Sander Pool
Mon Jun 4 10:36:55 PDT 2012

Ah. I sat there waiting while it downloaded all 1000 channels because I
didn't realize I could edit as it was working on that. I can see the
benefit of having the radio verify each entry as it's being written but
I don't like the idea that every modification is immediately written to
the radio. I would prefer consistent behavior for each supported radio
wherever possible, that of a document rather than a database approach.
Just my preference of course. The desire to use channel checking by the
D72 is not mutually exclusive with this approach. The changed channel
would simply be queued and written when 'save' is selected.

In any event, I know I'm second guessing your efforts and that can be
annoying. My apologies. I write python for a living these days so
perhaps it's time to crack open the source tree.

73,

   Sander W1SOP