[chirp_users] Using CHIRP with UBUNTU

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Fri Jul 27 13:16:34 PDT 2012

Also get a listing of /dev/USB01 with the -l for long listing.

Then check the group and see if you have privledges to "hear" and "send"
through that device.

http://bugs.goldencheetah.org/projects/goldencheetah/wiki/Allowing_your_Linux_userid_permission_to_use_your_USB_device

I'm not at the rig, so I don't have a USB01 device - but my user groups are:
dr adm lp dialout fax cdrom floppy tape sudo dip plugdev lpadmin sambashare

Where dr is my username group.

You have to add yourself to dialout if I remember correctly, that article
will help or just do:

sudo nano /etc/group

or if you want to use gedit in X windows.
sudo gedit /etc/group

Find dialout it will look something like this - the number may differ.
dialout:x:20:

At the end of that line add your user name like I will add mine:
dialout:x:20:dr

Save the file, and exit.  Control O and control X if using nano.

Best to you,

David

David J. Ring, Jr., N1EA <http://www.qsl.net/n1ea/>  Radio-Officers
Group<http://groups.google.com/group/radio-officers?hl=en>-- Join
Morse Recordings <http://archive.org/search.php?query=n1ea>
*Gopher Hole:*  gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/ (native or with
Firefox's Overbite extension) or via http to gopher
gateway<http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/gw?gopher://sdf.org/1/users/djringjr/>
*C**hat* Skype: djringjr MSN: djringjr at msn.com AIM: N1EA icq: 27380609

=30=