[chirp_users] Problem with Yaesu VX-6R

Robar19 at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 21:08:50 PDT 2012

Did not get your first problem in a message but if you hold down the left
three buttons and turn on then do the same thing again you will get a good
reset.
Robby N6MNL

In a message dated 7/3/2012 7:44:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dsmith at danplanet.com writes:

> So,  did I run into both a CHIRP bug and a Yaesu firmware bug, or is this
>  known behavior?

Sounds like an honest-to-goodness bug to me.

Can  you send me the original CHIRP image, and then an image captured
after  "fixing" it with commander? There's probably just some stray bit
that isn't  getting cleared. I should be able to find it from the diff of
the two  images.

I'll go on to say, once again, that Yaesu radios are really bad  about
this. They let you program basically anything into the memory you  want,
regardless of whether it will crash the radio's microcontroller or  not.
It's really rather unfortunate that they didn't design the radio  a
little better than that...

--
Dan  Smith

chirp_users  mailing  list