[chirp_users] FT-817ND Writing problem

Marco IZ3GME
Fri Jan 27 03:22:19 PST 2012

Hi Kurt

>    I'll give it another try tonight with the linux version.  I think I have
> another cable and will give it a go too.  I will say that after I have Chirp read the ND,
> there is a delay, then a beep and then the screen on the ND says ERROR.

I feel pretty sure is not a cable problem, it is a protocol problem!
Good to know that the 817 raise an error.
At the end of the clone in operation the radio is expected to play a
"happy beep" and go back to the clone menu.

Please keep in mind this golden rule: if the clone operation from radio
is not perfect don't even think to clone back!

> Thing is, even with this funky read process, all of the memories are appropriately read and displayed on the computer screen in chirp.

This is because chirp didn't saw any problem in the clone operation, may
be the radio sends a packet more than expected.

I'm going to investigate the log you sent, will let you know.
Thanks

73 de IZ3GME Marco