[chirp_users] FT-817ND Writing problem

Kurt Savegnago
Thu Jan 26 17:40:53 PST 2012

--- On Wed, 1/25/12, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
> Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FT-817ND Writing problem
> To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
> Cc: "Marco Filippi IZ3GME" <iz3gme.marco at gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 9:25 PM
> > I think the cable is fine
> because it works with HRD. Tried both Linux
> > and Windows versions of Chirp. Weird because it reads
> the 817ND's
> > memory just fine. No joy when it writes.
>
> Hmm, strange. Try running with CHIRP_DEBUG and grabbing the
> console
> output to send to us. On linux:
>
>    # CHIRP_DEBUG=y ./chirpw 2>&1 |
> tee debug.log
>

> Maybe Marco has an idea?
>
> --
> Dan Smith
> www.danplanet.com
> KK7DS

O.K.

  Here is the log file and the first portion is a read from the 817ND.
Again, once the read is successfully carried out the ND flashes ERROR but
the data is read into the program correctly on the computer screen.  I then did a write and the ND just sits there and doesn't give in indication
whether or not with cloning/write operation was a success.  This time I used a 9 pin serial cable that I paired with a USB/serial converter.
I'll fire up FT-817 Commander and restore it back.  The glitch causes a deep reset of the ND and I get the blue screen instead of the orange one I set.
                                 Best regards,
                                 Kurt Savegnago KC9LDH
http://aprs.fi/?call=PARS&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=3600