[chirp_users] FT-817ND Writing problem

Marco IZ3GME
Thu Jan 26 02:55:40 PST 2012

On 26/01/2012 04:25, Dan Smith wrote:
>> I think the cable is fine because it works with HRD. Tried both Linux
>> and Windows versions of Chirp. Weird because it reads the 817ND's
>> memory just fine. No joy when it writes.
>
> Hmm, strange. Try running with CHIRP_DEBUG and grabbing the console
> output to send to us. On linux:
>
> # CHIRP_DEBUG=y ./chirpw 2>&1 | tee debug.log
>

> Maybe Marco has an idea?

Yes please, the debug output should help. Please do the clone out
immediately after the clone in so we are sure that there are no other
variables playing.

I suspect a timing problem as Dan has already suggested but what is
really strange is that the radio should say if the clone operation was
completed or not ...
BTW I developed the driver on my 817nd and never had to face such a deep
reset.

73 de IZ3GME Marco