[chirp_users] Chirp not identifying Kenwood TM-V71

David Ranch
Fri Feb 10 17:42:51 PST 2012

Modem-manager comes from NetworkManager (which I hate btw).  It's evil
and from what I can tell, can't be disabled today.  From all the
searching I did, the easiest way to stop it from messing with serial
ports is to find it with "which" and rename it to something that
NetworkManager can't find.  Effective but such an ugly hack.

--David