[chirp_users] Chirp not identifying Kenwood TM-V71

Dan Smith
Fri Feb 10 12:03:11 PST 2012

> I think the problem may be something called "modem-manager".

Well, maybe, although if it closes the modem after inspecting it, I
expect it's probably fine. You could try something like "service
modem-manager stop".

> The manual indicates that this is default and I found this to be the case.
> I also checked that the interface cable is securely mated with the
> microphone jack.

Hmm? The cable should go into the mini-DIN connector on the back of the
radio... Which cable are you using exactly?