[chirp_users] Chirp not identifying Kenwood TM-V71

Dan Smith
Fri Feb 10 07:09:35 PST 2012

First off, many thanks to David for taking an initial pass at helping
with this. One of the reasons for this list is so that users can help
users and let me concentrate on writing code. I wish I could get more
people to follow David's example :)

> Today I finished up a mobile install of a Kenwood TV-V71A radio. I tried
> the stable version of Chirp (0.1.12) and also the daily build from Feb
> 9. When the program attempts to identify the radio it tells me that it
> is unable to probe the radio model.

I think this is a known issue. Can you try setting your radio to 9600
baud and using 0.1.12 to download it? According to this bug, that should
work:

   http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/27

I need to get over to the fire station with my laptop and wrestle with
the V71 a bit to figure out what is going on.

Thanks!