[chirp_users] Using Chirp with Icom V82

Amateur Radio WB8NUT
Thu Feb 2 05:08:34 PST 2012

Hi Mike and all,

I got a hold of the Icom V82 software and it immediately worked. So not
sure why Chirp cannot read or write to the radios.

However, I suspect the issue may be with the radios as the guy I bought
these from claimed they were new. Only to find out that they were not
quite new, were originally programmed at 151.xxx Mhz and he bought them
on eBay from China, so not sure if they were modified to work on 151Mhz
which maybe hosed up the ability of Chirp to work with the V82s.

In any case, I got the guy to take them back after filing a complaint
with eBay that he advertised them as new and they were clearly not. He
actually refunded my money yesterday and I am shipping the radios back
to him today.

After he refunded the money, I ordered two more NEW radios from HRO and
they'll be here tomorrow. So I will be able to see if Chirp will
actually works for me with two brand new factory radios.

Oh, BTW, we did not have DStar modules installed in those other radios.
The idea was to see if they were good before ordering the modules. So
when we ordered the radios yesterday, I ordered them with the modules.
So I will install the UT-118 boards in each radio before using Chirp.

BTW, I know these are not the best DStar radios, but for $300, my buddy
here said that he was willing to spend that to get into DStar. Hence, I
will get a new guy into DStar and hooked on it.

Best Regards,

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com