[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Ken G
Thu Dec 20 14:12:04 PST 2012

If it said "Value 10 ....." why did you immediately suspect it was Menu #6
causing the problem?

Ken G

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Alan Kline
Sent: Friday, 21 December 2012 3:35 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build

I just installed this new build on Win7Pro 64-bit. When I tried to read my
UV-5R+ (BFB293 firmware) it appeared to do the read, but then gave me an
error message reading "An error has occurred | Value 10 not in range 0-5".
On a hunch, I went to menu 6 on my radio--the backlight timer setting--and
changed it from 10 to 5. (BFB293 allows a maximum backlight setting of 10)
After that, the new CHIRP build read the radio without a problem.

Very pleased to see the settings tab re-enabled for the newer firmware
versions! Thanks!

Alan, KN0H