[chirp_users] Ref: I need Help

IZ3GME Marco
Thu Dec 13 01:02:17 PST 2012

Hi Wassim

My suspect is that you simply miss a step: after starting chirp download
you should tell to the radio to start clone-tx (from FT60 userm manual):

4. Rotate the DIAL job on each radio to select to “F8 CLONE,”
then press the [F/W] key momentarily.
5. The display will disappear for a moment, then the “CLONE”
notation will appear on the displays of both radios when the
Clone mode is successfully activated in this step.
6. (don't do this!!!) On the Destination radio, press the MONI switch
(“--RX- -” will appear on the LCD).
7. Press the PTT switch on the Source radio; “- -TX- -” will appear
on the Source radio, and the data from this radio will be transferred to
the other radio

In a similar way when you'll have to "save" to FT60 you have to put the
radio in clone rx following the same procedure as above but doing step 6
and not step 7 before to start chirp upload.

Hope this can help

73 de IZ3GME Marco