[chirp_users] Ref: I need Help

Bobby Goins
Wed Dec 12 16:17:18 PST 2012

I unsuccessfully tried using a cheap aftermarket cord for my UV-5R+ on both Linux and Win7.  I never could get the radio to communicate.

I ended up purchasing a cord from Valley Enterprises (no relation with the company) and it worked.  (No driver was needed for Linux.  I did need to download a driver for Win7.)

I believe the cord was originally for a Kenwood KPG-22 radio.  (Valley's part# RPC-K1-UF.)

---

Now for something fun... get a female SMA to PL259 adapter, and run your Baofeng through a mobile antenna.  You'll be happy! <grin>