[chirp_users] FT817ND/M601-M605

Kurt Savegnago
Sun Aug 19 09:21:33 PDT 2012

Chirp works great for this purpose.  One can also change the mode as desired.  Yaesu
had no plans to do anything about this so chirp is a great service for these units.
I don't think the rigs have the inherent ability to change the 60M channels or modes "on the fly" so chirp is the only option.  Whether or not Yaesu is going to make a change to
future units remains to be seen but I doubt they are going to do anything about it.

I was wondering since the 897 is an 857 in a different box, does 60M programming work with chirp too?

                                             Kurt KC9LDH

--- On Fri, 8/17/12, Richard Hanna <k3vyy at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Richard Hanna <k3vyy at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FT817ND/M601-M605
To: "Charles Via" <tvia at att.net>, "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Date: Friday, August 17, 2012, 8:16 AM

I think I may have selected the "International" version of the 817ND, because I was getting a "Error" on the 817 screen at the end of the upload. I started all over...and it worked. As us pilots used to say..."Suffering from Cockpit Turbulence"!  It's working fine now, and got the 60M  M603 reprogrammed fine!

Dick, K3VYY