[chirp_users] Question of radio support - Yaesu VX-1 and FT-1900

Dan Smith
Thu Apr 26 11:44:48 PDT 2012

> Is there a plan to add/support  Yaesu VX-1 HT?
>
> Is there a plan to add/support  Yaesu FT-1900 mobile?

There is a "plan" to add support for any/all radios. However, the "plan"
has the caveat that access to said radios by a developer is necessary.
So, the "plan" is that if a developer can get his/her hands on either of
these for a couple of weeks, they can be added to chirp :)

> Has anyone tried the VX-3 and FT-2800 CHIRP setups with the VX-1 and
> FT-1900 respectively?

I doubt this will work. Yaesu is *really* bad about being consistent
from model to model. Someone is working on a driver for the VX-2 right
now, so I'm sure the VX-1 is at least as different from the VX-3 as the
VX-2 is. I'm not sure about the similarities between the 1900 and 2800.
It won't hurt to try a download, which will give you an idea of how
close it is.

Thanks!