[chirp_users] RadioReference.com import in Chirp

Tom Hayward
Mon Apr 16 16:35:20 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 17:17, Ken Kwasniewski <ken.kwas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> I get the following - Server raised fault: 'Invalid County ID' - when
> attempting download info from RR.com.  Yes, I am a premium subscriber.  The
> particular zip code I am using is 60185.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Ken

This appears to be a shortcoming of the RR database. Try retrieving by
zipcode from here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/

It doesn't work either!

I can attempt to make the error message a little prettier, but that's
about all I can do. Try with a neighboring zipcode?

If I replace the zipcode search with a Country > State > County tree,
this will no longer be an issue. I don't have an ETA for this
feature--it's significantly more complicated.

Tom KD7LXL