[chirp_users] Learning Python (was: Learning perl)

Robert Terzi
Wed Apr 11 09:03:51 PDT 2012

On 4/10/2012 7:31 PM, Alvin Koffman wrote:
> I just don't do good with self study books, to easy to get frustrated and give up.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I feel I should point out:

- A free on-line Computer Science 101 class, starting April 23,

   https://www.coursera.org/course/cs101

   (It doesn't use Python, it covers the basics and is taught by the same professor
    that developed the google python class)

- The large, free on-line classes are run around a forum that provide help and interaction.

   This blog entry by one of the professors talks about the experience

     http://infolab.stanford.edu/~widom/SigmodBlog/

Finally, you may want to check Python.org for communities to get involved with:

     http://python.org/community/

Hope This Helps,
--Rob