[chirp_users] Learning perl

Robert Terzi
Tue Apr 10 13:55:20 PDT 2012

On 4/10/2012 4:15 PM, Alvin Koffman wrote:
> *I think I read Chirp is written in Perl....I'm wanting to learn but I'm not a good self study. Any ideas? Friendly forums?

There are lots of resources out there for learning Python.

You didn't mention if you have programming experience in other languages.

I've heard a number of good things about the book,

    "Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners",

    http://www.amazon.com/Hello-World-Computer-Programming-Beginners/dp/1933988495

    It's a python specific intro to programming.

There are also free video resources such as this Google Python class which was
developed by a Stanford professor:

    "Welcome to Google's Python Class -- this is a free class for people with a little bit of
     programming experience who want to learn Python. The class includes written materials,
     lecture videos, and lots of code exercises to practice Python coding."

    http://code.google.com/edu/languages/google-python-class/